There is no immediate emergency at the University of New England. The University is open at this time. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are adapting our operations to adhere to CDC and State mandates. Please see the Coronavirus Updates website below.
In the event of an emergency, this site will be updated with information about the nature of the incident, how to remain safe and the point at which safety has been restored after the event.
Emergency Response Procedures
The University of New England is committed to keeping our community safe. The 新宝体育官网APP下载 Emergency Preparedness and Response website is designed to inform the community about emergency procedures and resources for responding to a situation that threatens public safety.
These emergencies might include public health emergencies, major power failures, accidents, bomb threats, hazardous spills, or fires. These types of emergencies can pose significant threats to life and property.
新宝体育官网APP下载’s emergency response procedures exist to maintain our ability to quickly and effectively respond to any public safety emergency. Please review these pages carefully and refer to them for critical information in the event of an emergency.
Emergency Quick Reference
If there is an Active Shooter in your building
- If you think you can safely, RUN. Don’t wait for others who might be reluctant to leave.
- Lock all doors and windows if you can. If you can’t lock a door barricade with furniture or anything you may have.
- Turn off all lights, televisions, radios and put your phone on silent.
- Move to a point in the room where you cannot be seen such as under a desk, behind a file cabinet, a wall closest to the hallway where you can’t be seen through a window.
- Dial 911 and let the police know where you are and any other information that might be helpful.
- As a last resort, if the active shooter enters your hiding space, you may have to fight. If you do, commit to taking down the shooter with all you have.
Wait for a recognized 新宝体育官网APP下载 Official or the police to tell you to come out.
- Active Shooter(s) in a non-residence hall
- Active Shooter(s) in a residence hall
- Active Shooter(s) on the grounds of the University
All Other Emergency Procedures
Emergency Information Distribution
新宝体育官网APP下载 has numerous ways of distributing urgent information in the event of an emergency.
- The University of New England website
- Recorded message
- Individual phones*
- Text messaging*
- Local Television
新宝体育官网APP下载 uses Rave Mobile Safety, an emergency notification service that provides faculty, professional staff, and students with timely information and instructions during emergencies or other urgent situations that may directly affect their well-being.
This platform allows us to stay connected with the 新宝体育官网APP下载 community and provide critical information in real time during emergency situations on campus or in the surrounding communities. Included in the platform is the Rave Guardian mobile app for smartphones, available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
Within the Rave Guardian app, you can:
- Make emergency calls to 911, based on your current location
- Call 新宝体育官网APP下载 Safety and Security to request assistance
- Reach out to campus resources (Counseling Center, Student Health, Title IX, etc.) by phone or access information from the 新宝体育官网APP下载 website
- Create a personalized safety timer to alert friends, family, or Safety and Security in the event of an issue
To ensure you receive these important messages log in to U-Online and verify the contact information under the “Personal Information and Settings Menu” then “新宝体育官网APP下载 Alert Notification.” You are able to add up to three phone numbers (cell phone or landlines) and an email address.
*Requires contact information, so individuals need to sign up at U-Online to update emergency contact information.